An invisible red thread connects those who are destined to meet. The thread may stretch or tangle, but it will never break.
- Chinese Proverb

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Culture Shock!

I've been doing tons of research on China during our wait and 2 things have come up on numerous occasions that are a huge culture shock. The first one is split pants. In the Chinese culture children are potty trained starting as early as 6 months. SHOCKER, I know. I'm just now getting around to it with Britten and he's almost 3. The second is Squatty Potties. Ugh, I'm just hoping that the hotel we stay in is very westernized. I'd bore you with my attempts at explaining both of these to you but instead I thought I'd just give you 2 links to check out. Both will give you much insight into these culture shocks we will soon be engaged in. Believe me, you learn something new everyday on this journey.

Split Pants

Squatty Potty

1 comment:

  1. Congrats, Patrick Family! I am so happy for all of you that things are going so smoothly and that you have a referral! I can't WAIT to meet Landry! He is one blessed little boy to become part of your family, and what a blessing he will be in return! I am so excited for all of you! :) Thanks for the update! :)

    ReplyDelete