An invisible red thread connects those who are destined to meet. The thread may stretch or tangle, but it will never break.
- Chinese Proverb

Saturday, November 5, 2011

The Chinese Market

We woke up to another morning of rain. Seems to rain here alot but we managed to avoid it for the first few days. Yifei was really wanting to take us to the Chinese market even though it was raining. We weren't thrilled to tromp in the rain trying to hold a 26 pound child and only having 1 pair of tennis shoes with us, but we agreed to tough it out. It ended up not raining at all and I'm so glad we went. It was the most interesting open air market trip of my life.
This place reminds me of our flea market but with unimaginable things to purchase. Shelters packed with herbs, nuts, animals of every kind, plants and so much more.
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
These were trays and trays of worms. They looked very similar to that type you find in the trash. I just can't bear to even type the word out it gives me the hebbie gebbies. Yifei assured me that they weren't but that they were worms to feed the birds with. I'm still not sure I trust her on that. She even picked one up for me to show me. Shnikies!!! I know she thinks we are the craziest Americans ever. Yifei you rock!!!!!
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Pigeon eggs are considered a delicacy.
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Puppies, kittens, chickens, birds, fish, hamsters, mice, mini rabbits, turkeys. You name it they had it.
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Dentist/dentures anyone? Wish I had a better picture of this but I didn't want to be rude and take pictures of people getting work done on their teeth. By the way, the animals were on the other side of this establishment.
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
These are like candied crabapples. They are very popular and were sold all over the market and they are also sold on the street. Kinda like we would see cotton candy venders walking around at a park. Never did get to try one but they looked interesting.
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Still all giggles and grins after a long day. This kid is a trooper.

Wow, it is almost midnight. I better stop posting and go to bed. More to see and do tomorrow..

1 comment: